Commercial Pest Control
Pestonix Pest Terminators, Inc. Professional are Commercial Pesticide Applicators certified by the New York State Department Of Environmental Conservation. We are affiliated with the National Pest Management Association and under the jurisdiction of Federal Environment Protection Agency. We provide customized Integrated Pest Management (IPM) to our clients.
Our training sets the industry standard and on-staff entomologists understand pests and where they thrive. We work to provide total pest elimination in and around your property. Our pest management services are based on on the philosophy of constantly changing customer needs.
Todays Commercial customers wanted a thorough, reliable and convenient service performed in an environmentally conscious manner. Our customers do not want bugs, nor the irresponsible use of pesticides, to negatively impact their business environments.
Our programs utilizes preventive and corrective measures to ensure long-term pest management and eradication:
- Treatments performed by highly trained technicians
- Long-lasting products that are low in toxicity
- Concern for the customer's "human" environment*
- Procedures based on insect biology
- Use of innovative product, procedures, technology, and equipment
- Providing the customer with a more thorough service for his pest management dollar.
- Being sensitive to the customer's clientele and work schedule.
- Minimally intruding into the customer's environment.
- Using materials that have a long residual life and placing those materials in cracks and crevices where insects hide.
- Reliable consistent service through timely and routine treatment of the commercial structure.
- Our priority of service policy is callbacks, regular services and then new services.
- IPM approach is used to treat each and every structure.
- The selection and use of materials are done with the utmost concern for the customer and his business environment. A specific protocol is assigned to each commercial zone.
- Inspection of the premises begins with a customer interview, followed by detailed visual inspection. A thorough inspection and review of the site log book is necessary to determine the problem, formulate a course of action, implement the action and decide what follow up is needed. The inspection process is the first step in solving the customer's problem(s). During the inspection process, the technician must inspect entry points and food sources. Make thorough notes of all findings and always invite the customer to participate in the inspection process. Revise the original sanitation report and graph as appropriate.
- Identification of type of insect and "conditions conducive," such as organic debris. Search out cracks and crevices in which insects hide. Proper identification is the foundation for determining of the appropriate control plan.
- Determination involves the formulation of a plan of action. Consider the customer's needs. In the case of venomous insects, most customers will consider the matter urgent. Plan exclusionary activities and eradication of the existing infestation. Treatment methods are based on the type of insects identified, in addition to a general preventative program.
The three major aspects of control & prevention are:
Control and prevention is the execution of a strategic plan. Apply the various materials and treatment methods in a careful and meticulous manner. Make sure that the work is done in a way that is respectful of the customer's environment. Clean-up before leaving. Communication with the customer means that the technician will discuss with the customer his inspection findings, sanitary issues, the exclusionary and elimination treatments performed and intent to continually monitor the environment until the infestation is resolved. Our a technician stand behind our -no charge - 24/7 -callback policy and Guaranteed Pest Termination.